Sunday, 26 April 2009

A Good Read?


I've accumulated so many books that, when I look for something to read, I'm spoilt for choice. And when I go into bookshops, I'm dazzled by the many buying possibilities. If this sounds familiar, then help is available:

Index Librorum Prohibitorum -A searchable database

So, if I get rid of Victor Hugo, Balzac, Flaubert, Dumas, Zola, Peter Abelard, George Sand and Gibbon that should clear some space....

Oh and I'd better take Machiavelli off our Good Read list then.

(Before I start to smell bonfires, the Index was abolished in 1966 and this is posted only for interest and diversion, not to encourage the destruction of library collections which is a Bad Thing. Though it is supposed to retain moral value "against written materials that can put faith and good conduct in danger". Goes to look for the matches....)

No comments:

Post a Comment